Devastating events, whether they are natural or man-made, can almost never be predicted. Nevertheless, there are things you can do to prepare for the unexpected and reduce the stress that you may feel now and later, should an emergency arise. Taking preparatory action can reassure you and your children that you can exert a measure of control even in the face of such events.
The Amesbury Office of Emergency Management is responsible for various duties in the interest of public safety. Below are just a few of those duties:
- Supply Rehab to the Firefighters and Police Officers at major fires and other incidents.
- Work directly with Amesbury Public Safety Departments during potentially catastrophic events such as; Hurricanes, Tornados, Floods, Snow Storms, Ice Storms, etc.
- Participate with the Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency (MEMA) out of Framingham, on events such as drills involving the Seabrook Nuclear Power Plant.
- Assist Public Safety Departments with public education.
- Provide mutual aid to neighboring Public Safety and Emergency Management Agencies.
Please select the image below to sign up for CodeRED Emergency Alerts for Amesbury