Under the city's local zoning ordinances, the Planning Board is responsible for all projects requiring site plan review and approval. The Board is the special permit granting authority in approximately 75% of the cases where special permits are required under the ordinance, with the Zoning Board of Appeals being responsible for the remainder. The Planning Board also has responsibility for all sign permits. Finally, the Board is the primary local Board responsible for land use planning and conducts public hearings for proposed zoning amendments.
- The Amesbury Subdivision Rules and Regulations control the subdivision of land in the city.
- The Planning Board typically meets the second and fourth Monday of the month at the Town Hall Auditorium.
- Applications are to be submitted to Barbara Foley in the Office of Community & Economic Development on the second floor of 62 Friend Street.
|Ted Semesnyei||Vice Chair|
- 2015 Meeting Schedule
- 2016 Meeting Schedule
- 2017 Meeting Schedule
- 36 Haverhill Road - Amesbury Heights
- 47.5 - 57 Kimball Road
- Energy Project Initiative, 2014
- Golden Triangle Study - 2007
- Open Space Plan
- Planning Board Application Filing Fees
- Planning Board Decisions
- Planning Board Projects 2017
- Planning Board Projects
- Planning Board Reviews Fee Schedule
- Regulations and Application Forms
- Request for Abutters List
- Zoning Bylaws
- Zoning Maps