The mission of Public Works is to support and enhance the quality of life for residents, businesses and visitors by providing services to manage and upgrade the city's infrastructure in the most efficient manner, and provide design, construction and maintenance solutions for buildings, roads, traffic and drainage systems, trees, parks and cemeteries, sanitary sewers, water production and distribution, snow and ice management and solid waste and recycling collection, in order or maximize benefits and convenience to public.
The following fall within Public Works:
- Highway Department
- Tree, Parks and Cemetery Department
- Vehicle Maintenance
- Water Department
- Recycling, Trash and Compost
- Sewer Department
- Snow and Ice
You can call 978-388-8116 to contact any of the above during business hours.
For emergencies please call 911.
For after hours urgent, non emergency services please call 978-388-1212.
Please click here for all Public Works work requests.
Please visit us on Facebook.
- 2015 Construction Plan
- Cemetery Rules and Regulations
- Compost Site
- Recycling, Trash, and Compost
- "What, Where, Why and How" of Textile Recycling
- 2016-2017 Recycling and Waste Information Guide
- Beyond the Bin Recycling Directory
- City of Amesbury Trash Guidelines
- EPA Backyard Composting Guide
- HHW Collection Events in the Region
- How Do I Recycle or Dispose of.....
- Mandatory Recycling Ordinance - How to Recycle in Amesbury
- Putting Out Your Recycling Cart
- Recipes for Recycling - Television Sets
- Tired of Receiving Phone Books on your Doorstep? Opt out of Phone Book Delivery Today!
- Zero Sort Recycling at Casella Recycling Facility (Video)
- Sewer Reports
- Snow Contractor Application
- Snow Plowing Specifications 2016-2017
- Stormwater Program
- Waste Water Treatment Facility
- Water Department
- Water and Sewer Billing