The Department of Public Works maintains several public cemeteries. We also maintain a searchable database for burials at the Union and Mt. Prospect Cemeteries, please click here for the database.
Burials and Lot Sales
The office for the Mt. Prospect Cemetery and Union Cemetery is located at the DPW Office, 39 South Hunt Road. No records are kept at Town Hall.
Office hours are by appointment only. Please contact 388-8116 for all burial requests.
Payable at the time of internment is an administration fee of $500 for casket burial or $150 for cremation burial and a deed fee of $10 to the City of Amesbury.
For opening and closing rates contact James Thornton 978-815-6488
NO SERVICES PERFORMED AFTER 3:00PM
- 2015 Construction Plan
- Cemetery Rules and Regulations
- Compost Site
- Recycling, Trash, and Compost
- "What, Where, Why and How" of Textile Recycling
- 2016-2017 Recycling and Waste Information Guide
- Beyond the Bin Recycling Directory
- City of Amesbury Trash Guidelines
- EPA Backyard Composting Guide
- HHW Collection Events in the Region
- How Do I Recycle or Dispose of.....
- Mandatory Recycling Ordinance - How to Recycle in Amesbury
- Putting Out Your Recycling Cart
- Recipes for Recycling - Television Sets
- Tired of Receiving Phone Books on your Doorstep? Opt out of Phone Book Delivery Today!
- Zero Sort Recycling at Casella Recycling Facility (Video)
- Sewer Reports
- Snow Contractor Application
- Snow Plowing Specifications 2016-2017
- Stormwater Program
- Waste Water Treatment Facility
- Water Department
- Water and Sewer Billing