~~ Click on a Subject Below ~~
SeniorCenter News, Newsletter, & Resource Guide
To advocate for older adults, to identify their needs, to meet their health, economic, social and cultural needs, to encourage maximum independence and to improve their quality of life.
COA Function & Responsibilities:
The Council on Aging functions as a Board of Directors. The Council is comprised of eleven citizens from Amesbury who have demonstrated a concern for and a commitment to Amesbury seniors. The Council is appointed by the Municipal Council. The board meets regularly on second Thursday of every month. You can access their webpage by clicking HERE. Their responsibilities include:
- Identifying the needs & interests of seniors and encouraging programs to address those needs and interests.
- Educating the community about the needs of seniors.
- Advocating for the elderly at the community, state and national levels.
- Developing a network for information sharing.
- Establishing policy direction to be implemented by staff of the Council on Aging.
|Doreen Brothers, M.A,, LSW, CPT||Council on Aging Director||(978) 388-8138 x546|
|Vanessa R. Kahrman, MA, LSW||Operations Manager||(978) 388-8138 x544|
|Courtney Hutchinson||EMHOT Program Manager||x543|
|Katrina Rioux, BA, LSWA||Program Coordinator / Community Relations||(978) 388-8138 x545|
|Karen Sullivan, LCSW||Outreach Coordinator||x553|
|Joseph LeBlanc||MSW Intern||x554|
|Barbara Conrad||PT Outreach||x540|