The Amesbury Zoning Board of Appeals is a quasi-judicial board. The Board hears and decides on:
- Requests for Variances
- Appeals of the decisions of the Zoning Enforcement Officer
- Requests to alter, modify or extend non-conforming uses and structures
- Requests for Special Permits and findings as set forth in the Amesbury Zoning Bylaws
The Board typically meets the fourth Thursday of the month at the Town Hall Auditorium.
Deadline for submission of applications is 30 days prior to the meeting date. Applications are to be submitted to Office of the Building Inspector, 9 School Street no later than two days prior to the stated deadline for submittal. The Zoning Compliance Officer will review the application for corrections and completion. If the application requires editing, you will be notified. Once application is determined to be complete it will be delivered to Barbara Foley in the Office of Community & Economic Development on the second floor of 62 Friend Street for processing.
The Board is the permit granting authority for Findings, Variances and Special Permits noted as S2 in the Amesbury Zoning Ordinance Table of Use Regulations (Section V). Appeals of decisions may be filed within 20 days of the Board's issuance of a decision.
- 112 Kimball Road, Amesbury, MA
- 2016 Meeting Schedule
- 2017 Meeting Schedule
- Abutter Notification of Postage Fees
- Amesbury Zoning Map (Unofficial Copy)
- Application for an Appeal
- Downtown Sign District Map
- Meeting Schedule 2015
- Parking Plans
- Request for an Abutters List
- Special Permit / Finding Application
- Table of Dimensional and Density Regulations
- Table of Off Street Parking & Loading Regulations
- Table of Use Regulations
- Variance Application
- Water Resource Protection District