Anyone may obtain copies of births, deaths and marriages that have occurred in Amesbury.
If the record is restricted (parents were not married at time of birth, father not named, or in a marriage if any parents were not married at the time of either partner's birth); please send a photocopy of your driver's license; since only those named on the certificate have a right to said document.
Fees: $10 per certificate requested
$5 for Seniors 65+ for their own birth certificate (by mail or in person only)
- Fill out the online form and pay the fee
Request By Mail
- Print and complete the Vital Records Request form
- Write a check for the appropriate fee, payable to the City of Amesbury
- Include a self addressed stamped envelope so we can mail the certificate(s) to you
- Mail everything to City Clerk's Office, 62 Friend Street, Amesbury, MA 01913
Request In Person - not currently available due to the Coronavirus
The Clerk's Office can also perform a search of Vital Records for Genealogy purposes for a fee of $10.00.