We have the following essential services in place:
Social Services by phone or email
Food Delivery Assistance
Free MVRTA rides call 978-388-8138x545
MOW still delivering call 1-800-892-0890
~~ Click on a Subject Below ~~
Mission Statement: To advocate for older adults, to identify their needs, to meet their health, economic, social and cultural needs, to encourage maximum independence and to improve their quality of life
COA Function & Responsibilities:
The Council on Aging functions as a Board of Directors. The Council is comprised of eleven citizens from Amesbury who have demonstrated a concern for and a commitment to Amesbury seniors. The Council is appointed by the Municipal Council. The board meets regularly on second Thursday of every month. You can access their webpage by clicking HERE. Their responsibilities include:
- Identifying the needs & interests of seniors and encouraging programs to address those needs and interests.
- Educating the community about the needs of seniors.
- Advocating for the elderly at the community, state and national levels.
- Developing a network for information sharing.
- Establishing policy direction to be implemented by staff of the Council on Aging.
|Doreen Arnfield, M.A,, LSW||Council on Aging Director||(978) 388-8138 x546|
|Courtney Hutchinson, MA, MSW, LICSW||EMHOT Program Manager||978-388-8138 x543|
|Donna Scott||Administrative Assistant||x 539|
|Andrew Suggs, BA||Program Coordinator & Community Relations||x 545|
|Briana Fortado||Outreach Worker|