City Hall and City buildings are closed to the public due to COVID-19. City staff will be working during the closure, and will be accessible via email. There are many things you can do online rather than in-person, and below is a list of services by department that can be done online.
Below you'll find the best contact information for each department. You can also call the Mayor's office at (978) 388-8121.
The Emergency Operations Center hotline is open Monday - Friday, 8am - 4pm, at (978) 388-8515 for questions. You can also call Massachusetts' 2-1-1 for general COVID-19 questions, or read our COVID-19 page / FAQ.
Phone: (978) 388-8100
Nomination papers for the Sept. 1 State Primary should be mailed with a stamped/pre-paid self-addressed envelope to: City Clerk’s Office, 62 Friend St., Amesbury, MA 01913. Once received, a receipt will be mailed back to the sender.
- Dog Licenses (fees will go into effect on a date TBD) - Complete Online or Download & Mail
- Vital Records (Birth / Death / Marriage Certificates) - Complete Online or Download & Mail
- Voter Registration - Complete Online or Download & Mail
- Parking Ticket Payments - Pay Online
- Business Licenses / DBA - Download & Mail
Collector / Treasurer
All interest and fees are waived pertaining to excise tax, personal property, real estate, sewer and water bills that have a due date beginning March 11th, and through 7 days after the Commonwealth’s State of Emergency has been lifted. Residents can pay their bills online or by mail as usual.
Community & Economic Development
If you are looking to submit an application to Planning Board, Zoning Board of Appeals, Conservation Commission, or the Historical Commission, to please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how to drop those items off.
Phone: (978) 388-8185
Call the EOC: (978) 388-8155
- Minor Existing Food Establishment Renovation Application
- Major Existing or New Food Establishment Renovation Application
- Dumpster Permit Application
- Temporary Food Permit Application
- Request for Transfer of Permits Application
- Septic Perc Test Application
- Commercial Building Permit Application
- Residential Building Permit Application
- Electrical Permit Application
- Plumbing Permit Application
- Gas Permit Application
- Sheet Metal Permit Application
Phone: (978) 388-1212
- Firearms Application
- Hunting & Fishing Licenses
- Massachusetts RMV Crash Report
- Traffic Issues & Concerns Form
- Personal Criminal Record Request
- Parking Violation Appeal Form
- Request for Copies of Police Reports
- Report an Issue Online (potholes, etc)
- Obstruction Permit Application
- Trench & Street Opening Permit Application
- Curb Cut Permit Application
- Water Service Permit Application
- Sewer Connection Permit Application
- Second Meter Permit Application