2021 Season – Compost and Brush Facility
60 South Hunt Road
Hours of Operation
Thursday April 1 Through Sunday, October 24, 2021
Thursday through Sunday 12 – 4pm
Thursday, October 28 – Sunday, December 5, 2021
Thursday & Friday 12 – 4 pm
Saturday & Sunday 9 am – 4 pm
- Mother’s Day
- Father’s Day
- 4th of July
Compost and Brush Facility
Annual stickers allow dumping of unlimited quantities of leaves, grass trimmings, and brush. Brush is defined as branches 1”-3” in diameter and over 1’ long. Brush must be separate and put in a different pile at the compost site.
Dumping of stumps, fencing, building materials, food and plastic bags is not permitted.
|Resident Fees||Non-Resident Fees|
|Senior Citizen (65+)*||$0.00||$20.00|
|Commercial / Landscape Vehicles||$300.00||$600.00|
*Amesbury senior citizens (65+) may obtain one sticker, free of charge, for their own vehicle.
Compost Sticker Purchase Available Beginning March 22nd, 2021:
We cannot accept credit or debit card payments. Payment can be made with cash or check; made payable to City of Amesbury. Please do not mail cash. Due to COVID restrictions, only one person is allowed in the lobby at the DPW office and appointments must be made to enter City Hall. We stongly encourage downloading the application and filling it out prior to bringing it to the office. Applications are available to download online
- Walk-In: Bring the application form along with a copy of your vehicle registration and purchase a sticker at the DPW office, or in the Treasurer’s Office at City Hall.
- Mail-In: Application form, copy of your vehicle registration, check, and self-addressed stamped envelope to:
Amesbury Department of Public Works
39 South Hunt Road
Amesbury, MA 01913
STICKERS WILL NOT BE MAILED WITHOUT A SELF-ADDRESSED STAMPED ENVELOPE. They will be held at the DPW office for pick-up.
THE CITY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO:
- Issue fines for unauthorized dumping;
- Refuse material if quality or quantity is questionable;
- Close the compost site at any time without prior notice, or make changes to the schedule without prior notice.
Please place stickers on driver’s side of windshield, opposite inspection sticker.
For more information or questions, please call (978) 388-8116, Monday – Friday between 7AM and 3PM.
Interested in doing backyard composting? Check out these resources!
- Composting at Home (EPA)
- Composting 101 Tips (Planet Natural)
- 7 Things You Need to Know Before You Start Composting (Country Living)