~~ Click on a Subject Below ~~
Senior Lift is our Health and Wellness Initiative. If you are looking for anything health & wellness related you can find them under Senior Lift.
Mission Statement: To advocate for older adults, to identify their needs, to meet their health, economic, social and cultural needs, to encourage maximum independence and to improve their quality of life
COA Function & Responsibilities:
The Council on Aging functions as a Board of Directors. The Council is comprised of eleven citizens from Amesbury who have demonstrated a concern for and a commitment to Amesbury seniors. The Council is appointed by the Municipal Council. The board meets regularly on second Thursday of every month. You can access their webpage by clicking HERE. Their responsibilities include:
- Identifying the needs & interests of seniors and encouraging programs to address those needs and interests.
- Educating the community about the needs of seniors.
- Advocating for the elderly at the community, state and national levels.
- Developing a network for information sharing.
- Establishing policy direction to be implemented by staff of the Council on Aging.
|Doreen Brothers, M.A,, LSW, CPT||Council on Aging Director||(978) 388-8138 x546|
|Vanessa R. Kahrman, MA, LSW||Assistant Director||x544|
|Courtney Hutchinson, LCSW||EMHOT Program Manager||x543|
|Katrina Rioux, BA, LSWA||Program Coordinator / Community Relations||x545|
|Holly Belanger, BA||Outreach Coordinator||x553|