Veteran Services Offices:
- The Amesbury and Newburyport Veteran Services offices which serve the communities of Amesbury, Merrimac, Newburyport and Salisbury are closed to the public. The Amesbury office is still currently being staffed daily from 8 am – 2 pm, and staff is available to provide assistance by e-mail or phone. The phone number for the Amesbury office is (978) 388-8136. If there is no answer, please leave a message and we will return your call as soon as possible. The Newburyport office is currently closed but we are monitoring the voice mail and email systems.
- Chapter 115 Benefits – Chapter 115 payments will continue as scheduled, please continue sending in Medical receipts for reimbursement and they will be processed for payment in the next scheduled payment.
VA Health Care:
- Per the VA Health Care Website: Call your VA medical center before going to a clinic, urgent care, or emergency room, especially if you have symptoms of fever, cough and shortness of breath. Calling first helps us protect you, medical staff, and other patients. Ask your VA health care team about the option of care by phone or video instead of an in-person visit. We also ask that visitors who feel unwell postpone their visits to VA facilities.
- If you are enrolled in VA Health Care and have access to a smart phone or computer, learn more about the VA Video Connect available now: https://mobile.va.gov/app/va-video-connect
Veterans’ Chapter 115 Benefits and Veterans Service Officer Contact
- Veterans can still access and apply for Chapter 115 benefits, which will be a crucial financial opportunity for many Veterans and their families. Folks can review their eligibility here and get their Veterans’ Service Officers contact information here.
State Emergency Phone Numbers for Veterans
- Veteran's Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255
- MA Dept of Veteran's Services S.A.V.E. Team: 1-888-844-2838
- Homeless Veteran Hotline: 1-888-866-2838
Agawam and Winchendon Veterans’ Cemetery
- Per the Massachusetts Department of Veterans Services: In the interest of public health and the safety of our community, starting tomorrow, Tuesday, March 17, 2020, all committal services at the Massachusetts Veterans’ Memorial Cemeteries in Agawam and Winchendon will be suspended until further notice.
- Interments and burials will continue; however, no committal services or volunteer firing detail will be held or provided. All interments will be direct burials only.
- Out of an abundance of caution, the administrative office will be closed to visitors and guests, but our staff will be on hand to respond to phone calls and emails.
- For additional information please contact: MVMC Agawam: 413-821-9500 MVMC Winchendon: 978-297-9501